Friday, May 23, 2014

Not about my holiday

Taking a break from my holiday snaps. Did lots of gardening today, the garden has been neglected for nigh on eight weeks now, so since we had a fine day today, with rain forecast for tomorrow, I started getting things into order again. I've taken apart the pumpkin bed that I made with straw bales, and now have lots of compost/straw mix to spread over the vegetable garden.  This was a good idea, and will be repeated next year. The pumpkins are great; very sweet to eat.  I also planted out leeks, which I bought before I went away but didn't get around to planting. Ditto tulips, now in two terracotta pots. It's been a very wet autumn, so our autumn colours have not been very impressive this year, except for my maple, which flames away in the corner of the garden. 



Expecting the first real cold any day now. Will we have snow this year? Maybe.

It's been an expensive week. New battery, registration and warrant for the car, podiatrist's bill for me. I've hurt my foot, probably plantar fasciitis and/or a bone spur. The podiatrist thinks the reason is cheap walking shoes from The Warehouse, not providing enough support. So, cheap shoes are not so cheap in the long run, it seems. Long run, har har, geddit?

1 comment:

  1. Love your maple. Gardening has taken a bit of a back seat here, but I have lots of good intentions for the weekend.
    Bone spur? Nasty. I hope the podiatrist can help.

    ReplyDelete