Thursday, February 19, 2015

New cat!






Here is my new cat! I've finally succumbed to temptation and got this little black boy from the SPCA. His name is Jiro, after Jiro in "The wind rises" an animated film by Hayao Miyazaki (Studio Ghibli) which I was watching the night before I collected him. The name Jiro appropriately means 'second son' in Japanese. Thomas is not very happy with having Jiro here at the moment, but they did have a little meet and greet today at which both cats were well behaved. Jiro is super smoochy and energetic, a real cutie, needless to say he picked me, throwing himself at me against the bars of his cage. He's about 3 or 4 months old, older than most of the kittens there, like Thomas was, and like Thomas, was found abandoned. He was roaming around a shopping mall carpark, and the SPCA advertised for his owners but no one came forward. 
  It's quite a lot of work having two cats. There's the older one to reassure and fuss over and play with and the younger one to entertain and change poopie trays for. Jiro is fully house trained, thank goodness, and knows what the tray is for, although he did pee in the bath on my shower mat, but at least that's easy to clean.
  So, not much is getting done housework and garden-wise. I've got fruit to bottle and plum sauce to make, but.... it's more fun playing with the little boy.

2 comments: