Wednesday, August 31, 2016

First day of Spring

Today I was able to spend a lot of time in the garden. The weather was really warm, a very fine start to Spring. The days are getting longer; I was able to stay working till 6.00 in the evening. (In winter it generally gets dark about 5.00.) I mucked around in the vegetable garden, weeding and getting rid of an invasive oregano that has taken over much of the herb garden, planting some thyme and golden marjoram instead.



Romanesco broccoli and purple cauliflower - quite dramatic colours


Apricot blossom nearly out


"Verona tulips" poking up through pansies


I put this blanket down to sit on and drink my coffee. Guess who thought it was for him?


Daffodils by the postbox. They look very cheery.


"Quintessence" camellia in my little bit of "woodland" garden


"President Roosevelt" rhododendron just starting out




Primula vulgaris


View of the garden - Nicky Crisp camellia on right. The lawn needs mowing!
.

1 comment:

  1. Of course the blanket was for Thomas. He knew that, even if you didn't.
    Love your garden. Which is much, much tidier than mine.

    ReplyDelete