Sunday, July 26, 2026

 July 27th. Very cold last night, down to 5.3 this morning. Couldn't get warm in bed and had to keep getting up to pee, which dissipated all the warmth I had built up around myself. Cold weather saps my motivation; I lie in bed thinking about all the chores I have to do, but come daylight, I just can't be bothered, life shrinks down to "Am I warm enough?"

Thinking about summer which seems so far off, I ordered some dahlias on line yesterday. Hard to believe that the garden, now so dreary, will be transformed in another six months into a place of colour (if I do my work right as Head Gardener). Looking at Monty Don's Jewel Garden on youTube as a model. Deep, intense colour is a wonderful mood changer.


A little Vermeer-like reflection of the living room in the mirror. A still-life with cat and wineglass.


No comments:

Post a Comment