Thursday, December 23, 2010

Mary Christmas

So this will probably be the last post for this year. I've just been to the Xmas breakup lunch, very blokey, lots of pizza and beer. Didn't know many (any) of the people there so I sat quietly in a corner and consumed the food. It was a relief to get back to the office, I'm not really outgoing, especially with a load of large blokes in steel capped boots. Lots of wind today, blowing old birdnests out of the trees and snapping some of the branches off. The trees are quite brittle as we have had very little rain, so they break easily in a high wind.
So in a few hours I'll be picking up my Mum and heading home for Christmas. Looking forward to eating my head off the for the next few days, and having lots of afternoon naps. Feel very tired and had-it, the last six months have been a bit... earthquake, new job, aftershock, etc. Went to the supermarket last night to do some last minute stuff, everybody looks exhausted. We're over Christmas, even though it hasn't really started. I thought "I'm sick of buying stuff", proof that wanton expenditure doesn't necessarily make one happy.
(Oh, dear, I've just done another thing wrong, not priced some items when I put out new stock. Oh God, you'd think it was the end of the universe as we know it. What a tamasha about niente).
Anyway I hope you all have a very Mary Christmas and a Harry New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment