Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Again again already

Once more, or rather twice more, we have "aftershocks". Monday afternoon one 5.something and then a whopping big 6.3. Apparently this last shock now comes from another fault line previously unknown. I was out in the garden, the best place to be, and the during the second shock had to hang on to my recycling bin to stand up. It felt just as bad as our September earthquake. The trees really rocked too, God knows what its doing to them.
But I just kept on gardening. Next summer I'm going to have a really great vegetable garden. I've got some seeds from Italy (striped red and white chicory, and a lumpy pumpkin called Marina di Chioggia, which I'm told is lovely and sweet for roasting) also scaloppini and a red and white stripy carnation. And Borlotti beans. (I like red and white stripes). The earth takes, and the earth gives.

No comments:

Post a Comment