Sunday, January 29, 2012

What?

Went out to dinner last night and realised I am going deaf! The restaurant was very noisy, a group next to us had imbibed not wisely but too well, and I was trying to have a conversation with a charming and lovely 16 year old girl on the other side of the table. And I could not hear her! I think she was asking me something - after I had asked her to repeat it twice, I realized I couldn't ask her a third time so settled for smiling a lot and nodding. Poor child probably thinks she was talking to an idiot, some crazy old bat with early-onset Alzheimers. I do know she's learning Latin this year, and dislikes e-readers.    There's hope for the younger generation yet, grumph, grumph. Now where did I put my ear trumpet?
Had a great time tonight with youTube. I love it, love the way it's not just rock and roll, but opera, jazz, country, musicals, orchestral, chamber, etc. And you can choose what to look at, you're not obliged to just gawp at whatever crap They choose to show you on TV. I can paraphrase Samuel Johnson, and tell you that when you're tired of the Internet you're tired of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment