Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Dumb and dumber

Not a good day. Started snowing as I went to work and continued on for most of the day. Hair-raising drive in to work with the windscreen fogging up and the snow blotting out my vision. Finally made it, but work really boring, basically adding up long rows of numbers. I got out of bed for this?  Come to the conclusion that numbers make me mentally ill.
    The Gardens were closed about 11.00 because of the danger from breaking branches. Could hear branches cracking under the weight of snow all across the park, like rifle shots only deeper. So of course this is the time that Mr and Mrs Numbskull decide to go out for a walk to see the snow. Tried to stop two people, but they chose to disregard me. Of course, I'm just some female Nazi trying to destroy their enjoyment. Probably nothing is more annoying than the wanton stupidity of the general public - put up a sign saying this area is closed and half of Christchurch makes a bee-line for it, just to assert their individual rights and brave refusal to conform to authority. Unfortunately, falling trees don't conform to any authority but that of the snow weight on their branches. If I tell you that the park is closed and that you should piss off home, then, guess what, dipshit, I might just be saving your worthless life. It gives me no pleasure to do so, and the human race would be smarter with you gone, but this is my job and I've chosen to do it.
    Got pissed off yesterday too. There's been a piece of old carpet floating around the street, probably from the people over the road who seem to have a business that involves bringing in a truckload of rubbish and then carting it off again after it has sat round their garden for a coupla months. So the old piece of carpet ends up against my fence and I have to dispose of it because the people whose rubbish it is don't give a shit about the street looking like a dump. They probably like the lived-in look.  So it's no longer their problem; they've made it mine. Clever. So I took up the ratty piece of carpet, screamed Fuck! at the top of my voice several times and deposited it in my red bin. I hope I get a reputation as the street's weirdo, the one whom it is not advisable to cross.
  And this is the species hoping to colonize Mars by 2023. We can't even get our shit together here yet, poor old Mars, we're comin' at you with a spaceship full of manky carpet!

No comments:

Post a Comment