Friday, November 22, 2013

Potager pics

 
Here is the pumpkin patch, Marina di Chioggia and a couple of strays that have germinated in the compost. I think I might put a couple of tomato plants here as well, as the pumpkin will grow out and down and the tomatoes up.

 
Giant red cabbage 'Red Rooster' goes well with the vivid magenta of Lychnis coronaria. I'm not that keen on cabbage and grow these mainly for the coloured leaves! Vigorous plants of 'Russian Red' tomatoes planted too close together in right foreground.

 
Looking the other way - potatoes under the apricot tree have done very well this year. Not many apricots though - I didn't summer prune last year and the tree is very leggy.
I ate the first of my broad beans last night with cavolo nero and roast pork. Today I had planned to get a lot of work done in the garden, but a nasty north-easterly wet fog has come in, so I'll have to scale Ironing Mountain instead. Blah!

2 comments:

  1. Ironing mountains are scary things. And often require life support measures too.
    The garden is looking wonderful though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love snooping on other people 's gardens!

    ReplyDelete