Friday, February 14, 2014

Busily doing nothing...

It's Saturday and I'm at home, not achieving anything in particular. No, I have not done the vacuuming, or the washing, or the washing-up. I have not done any gardening or mowed the lawn, which really does need doing.
  Instead, I have:
Practiced my Italian grammar
Made many cups of coffee
Stroked the cat
Took said cat into garden to sit in the sun
Been bitten by a mosquito
Read my book on John Donne and found out that his great-great-    grandfather was Sir Thomas More (didn't know this - why?)
Made testy comments on-line to the newspaper's opinion column
Eaten two nectarines and a plum
Watched most of a Chinese martial arts movie "Flying swords at Dragon Gate" (very enjoyable, several women warriors)
And it's only 2.15. What else will I manage not to do today?

2 comments:

  1. Days like that are bliss. Here sadly we have been wrestling with domestic recalcitrance. A curtain jammed. No, you can't buy a part - you have to replace the curtain rod and the whole mechanism. No, we don't make the size you say you need. No, you can only have the opening mechanism on the right.
    Or...
    You could have it built as a custom job. Expensive and slow.
    So we have been fiddling. Three and a half days later our new curtain rod is up. Not ideal, and I did have to sew curtains together but it is up.
    So your day sounds, as I said, blissful. Oh, and your card got to the postoffice yesterday. Next week some time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank, Elephant's Child. I hate curtains. Making them, taking them down, getting them cleaned, fiddling with them. Also that planned obsolescence ; your old curtain fittings are now only fit for the dump, because the manufacturers want to make more money.

    ReplyDelete