Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The secret life of Walter Mitty

Watched this movie last night, really enjoyed it. I saw it on the plane coming home, but it's not the same as watching it properly at the movies or at home; there's too much background noise, the jerk seated in front keeps moving his seat back so the picture looks weird and has to be readjusted, you know the thing. I know a lot of people don't like Ben Stiller (what's not to like?) but I've always adored him and really like his movies, and this is his best yet, more serious than some of his others, but in a good way. It's about a man who starts to live an more adventurous life, almost against his will. No sex scenes thankfully (just watched a movie where the hero and heroine keep having sex all the time - I think we realise they are in a sexual relationship by the second time around and don't really know why the producers hammered the theme again and again. I kept having to fast forward) just fun and a little profundity. Walter's boss is probably one of the most obnoxious screen bosses I've ever seen, and there are a lot. Try it, I think you'll like it.

1 comment:

  1. I really like James Thurber's writing (and his cartoons) and loved the Secret Life. I haven't seen the movie though.

    ReplyDelete