Thursday, June 18, 2015

Let it snow

   The first big winter snowstorm is powering its way up the country. It hasn't snowed here yet and may not at all, but I sort of hope it will. I quite like snow, it's a novelty here in Christchurch (and everyone hopes for a snow day in the week, when they won't be able to go to work or school), but it rarely happens. The snow has been falling all afternoon inland and along the mountains of course, and the skifields are hoping for an early start to the season. I dashed out to the supermarket this morning for toilet paper, wine and cat food, so the weather can come down and the cats and me will be set.
  I've just finished watching the TV series "The white queen" on DVD. God, those Plantagenets! Murderous and plotting, everyone wanting to be King or Queen, or at least get their son or daughter on the throne. And to think that all this really happened, it isn't fiction! 

2 comments:

  1. I hope you do get your snow day - and can hunker down in the warm and enjoy it.
    Many of the royal families (world wide) were incredibly dodgy people. And the truth is indeed stranger, and uglier, than fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm now reading Alison Weir's book about Elizabeth of York, (wife of Henry 7, mother of Henry 8), sort of continuing the saga in another medium.

    ReplyDelete