Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Blog list edited




Hi there, I've just edited my blog list, as sadly most of the bloggers that were there don't blog anymore. Elephant's Child, you are still going strong, my dear, so you are still there, and hopefully will continue. Simply so Good is really just recipes, so it's not really a personal blog, but it does continue to produce good stuff. I'll have to look around for some more interesting blogs, but alas, many bloggers have now gone on to Instagram or have stopped blogging entirely. There are a lot of silly blogs too, which have no appeal at all for me; mommy-blogs ("look how many poos my darling did today") and some of the indie travel blogs ("look how rad I look in this Bolivian serape") are the worst. And also some of the fashion blogs; I came across one that had twenty photos of some narcissistic woman in a pair of oh-so-artfully ripped jeans. Twenty photos! Of the same woman in the same jeans! Why?
    Of course, I know that this blog is probably boring the artfully-ripped jeans off someone somewhere in the world right now. ("Why does she always post pictures of her freaking garden. Twenty pictures of the same garden. Why?") To each her own, I guess. It's just one way of communicating, a way of shouting "Here I am!" to the great big world out there.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you.
    As a garden obsessive I am ALWAYS happy (though sometimes jealous) to see garden photos. And cats. And books.
    And blogging is perfect for my introspective self. I don't think I will be giving up anytime soon. And hope you won't either.

    ReplyDelete