Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Yay! Holiday!


First day of my holiday today. This is the view from my conservatory (note Kiwi in prominent position).


"Chat Noir" dahlia


"Brandon James" dahlia


Chocolate cosmos


"The Friar"

I haven't got anything planned for this holiday. Usually I have a number of chores to do, (clean garage, wash windows, etc.) but this year I'm going to play it by ear and just do pleasurable stuff. I started the day by going to my local cafe, having a coffee and the best Melting Moment I've ever had. Then I went to my local garden store and bought some new plants, just things I wanted, not things I needed; a yellow abutilon, some blue viscaria, French Cream marigolds and some cascading pansies for a hanging basket. I will do some gardening, but only when and if I want to. Self-indulgence, thy name is mine!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for holidays. And self-indulgence. I love my yellow abutilon. And lust after a red one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have little birds here called waxeyes (Zosterops lateralis) which originally came from Australia, blown over by the winds. They love the nectar of abutilons and look very pretty hanging from the flowers. I'm hoping to see them on a large abutilon in my garden.

      Delete
    2. We know them as silveryes. Speedy little charmers. And big, big fruit eaters. They used to hollow out figs as soon as they ripened.

      Delete