Sunday, July 11, 2010

Still blogging

Yes, I'm still at it. Blogging has proved totally addictive, and somehow I always endup on my own blogpages. Looked back at the work I did on RSS feeds and copied some of the URLs to my blogpage. NZ life and leisure is a magazine that has lots of positive and interesting stuff about people doing things Here in NZ. I started reading a copy as I waited for my car's Warrant of Fitness (yay! passed) and was really impressed by the article on Aaron Kereopa, an artist who carves surfboards. His life story is a real inspiration, and his creations are so beautiful and original they just wow me. "The shifted librarian" (yes, thats shIfted, not shafted or shit-fed, although sometimes we might feel a little that way) was from an RSS feed, maybe other libo's out there might find interesting. Some of it is way subversive, which is great, because librarians are subversive people. Free information for everyone - in light of some of the world's regimes, this is subversive stuff.
I'm at the end of my five book challenge now, but I've given the fairies and elves the shove and have opted for cyberpunk instead. I'm really enjoying Cory Doctorow's "Makers" which has a sort of Bladerunner feel about it, but a lot less grim. Read it and see what can be done with RFID's, and how to convert Disney's Fantasyland into a Goth homepark.

No comments:

Post a Comment