Thursday, July 1, 2010

Today

Today we are going through the last phase of out CCLearn course, assessment and reflection. I have found the course very good, it has introduced me to a lot of aspects of cyberspace that I had little or no understanding of. It was good to get some time to play, rather than squeezed in between doing other things. I am not a good multi-tasker, and learn best when focused on one thing at a time. Remember the days when multi-tasking was all? Thankfully the tide is turning, and now management and human resources people are realizing that expecting staff to do four things at once is a recipe for having four things done poorly, instead of one thing done really well. It is not possible to pursue excellence and multi-tasking at the same time. Did Einstein multi-task? Did Galileo? The hell they did.
Yesterday I carried out my part of the Landcare Garden Bird Survey, which involved standing in the garden for an hour, counting birds. It was a sunny day, though not warm, so I fortified myself with several Irish coffees. (well, Scots coffee really, because the whisky was Glenfiddich). Counted lots of blackbirds, silvereyes and sparrows, which was what I expected. Found the first snowdrops in the garden, the first celandines and hellebores.

No comments:

Post a Comment