Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Unconference

I've just been to my first unconference. This is a debriefing of what happened at the computer course I attended a few months ago. Lots of talk about what will be happening to libraries in the future, as long as peak oil and peak Internet don't get us first. Lots of "blue-sky thinking", (eww, I hate Americanisms) about how libraries would be if we had unlimited time and money. As usual, more questions than answers, but this is a good thing. The thought crossed my mind of what a clever lot of people librarians are; we're not silly, we are all quite deep thinkers.
Not much of note to report. I'm going to go home now and mow the lawn before it rains again. Picked lots of flowers last evening, jonquils, camellias, daphne. I love daphne - it always makes me think of a Noel Coward-type couple making ecstatic love - "Oh Roland, kiss me, my darling! Oh, Daphne! Oh yes, rather!"

No comments:

Post a Comment