Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Back in Singapore

I,m back at Singapore waiting to catch my flight back to Auckland. Went to the Butterfly Garden here, quaite naice, like a conservatory with butterflies. Very, very hot, 31 degrees with about 95% humidity, not the lady,s favourite kind of weather. Had a great day on Sunday in Milan after I managed to find my hotel (an adequate dump). Went to the Cathedral and the massive Galleria, then spent the afternoon in the Giardini publicci. Lots of dogs, all sizes and shapes and breeds, bicycles, lovers, families playing football, nice atmosphere. You can tell a lot about a city by the way it treats its public gardens. Vicenza's public gardens were the worst, full of creepy people, and somewhat under-cared for (scruffy). I think they rely too much on Palladio to life their game, but guys he's been dead along time.
However, I did have one of those glorious "moments" of travel there. Stumbling into the Palazzo Chiericati, I was allowed to listen to a rehearsal of the Progetto Bach group, and they played one of my favourites. A small but perfect room filled with Bach's music, and the musicians enjoying themselves. Makes it all worth while.

No comments:

Post a Comment