Friday, May 20, 2011

Urrk

Finally managed to get an internet terminal. Italian hotels don,t like to let people fiddle around on computers, unless they have their own laptop with them.
Im now in Vicenza, nearly at the end of my holiday, boy am I tired. Had a wonderful holiday, the walk around the Euganean Hills was lovely, fabulous weather. The only day it rained I was snug in a hotel in Galzignano, having a long lunch and an afternoon nap after spending the morning trying to read Italian Vogue.
Its been really hot in Vicenza, too hot for much sightseeing but its lovely anyway.
Venice was incredible, even got to see the Pope (he just popped up to see me since I was going to be there). He rode in a specially made white gondola with gondoliers dressed in white. Ive got a great picture of him in San Marco square, which Ill try to put on this when I get home.
Tomorrow to Verona, hopefully to see the Giardino Giusti. Public gardens here are a bit messy, nothing like the Christchurch Botanic Gardens. The rose garden at Este was beautiful though, set inside the walls of the old castle. Again, pics when I get home and work out how to put them on here.
Trying to contact my mother by phone, very difficult, the system tells me that my credit card number is invalid, but I know this isnt true. So anyone at home who has my mums number, give her a call and let her know I,m OK!
Arrivederci a tutti.

No comments:

Post a Comment