Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Amazing zombie zucchini

Yes, it's zucchini time. Anna gave me one zucchini plant (should that be zucchino?) and its producing well. Planted in the site where I had agapanthus, warm and sheltered, I'm getting a zucchini a day now. Now to start looking for recipes - there's a soup somewhere, sounds horrible, but I am assured its really nice.
                                                                              The gap between courgette and marrow,
Is narrow.

     Bad news is that outdoor watering may be banned entirely from soon, owing to our fractured infrastructure. (Say that one fast when you've had a couple of glasses) But I'm not going to let my vegetables die! I'll fill up the watering can inside the house and carry it out to my babies. I hardly use any water anyway, compared to large families with lots of showers and washing, (and those who fill up their swimming pools), so surely if I forego a shower or two I can use this for my plants. I can go stinky, but  for plants water is life-or-death.  I want tomatoes too, I've got the best tomato plants I've ever had this year, so they'll get first priority for any water.
    Picked about a cupful of blackcurrants last night, not really enough to do anything with, like jam, but very tasty eaten raw. No added sugar is a big challenge for the taste buds.

No comments:

Post a Comment