Friday, December 16, 2011

Looking back

I've just been looking back over my blog, reading about the events of the past year or so. 18 months with two earthquakes, 8000 aftershocks,  2 snowfalls and 1 major bereavement. It's all been a bit of a time really, not to mention the Rugby World Cup and the 2011 Election, two disasters in a row. On the good side, I had an overseas trip, but all in all the bad has outweighed the good this year. There seems to be a general lack of enthusiasm for Christmas - its just another stressy thing for people to deal with.
Can't say there have been any really good books or films this year, it all seems a bit blah on the culture front.
Rediscovered "The Bachelor", the new series. This is the highlight of my TV week, so you can see how desperate things have become. The other night the viewing choice was between a documentary about a man who had hiccups for two years, and another documentary about Michael Jackson's relationship with his chimpanzee. Riveting, how can I choose when I want to watch both?

No comments:

Post a Comment