Saturday, December 27, 2014

At last - a summer day


Nice hot day today, no wind either, so great to sit outside for dinner. This is a rare event in Christchurch, NZ; often we have a freezing cold wind in the evening.


Raspberries have been quite successful this year. Collected this handful this morning from the garden


Lillium regale - in New Zealand we call this the Christmas Lily. Fabulous fragrance, when in a vase these are overpowering at night in a small room, so I move mine into the conservatory.



I went away to get a cup of coffee and someone pinched my chair....


2 comments:

  1. It is the Christmas Lily here too.
    Mmm raspberries. My favourite berry.
    Cats are quick at chair hogging aren't they? And look so put-apon when evicted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He didn't even get evicted! Softy that I am, I went inside and got the picnic rug and sat beside him on that!

    ReplyDelete