Friday, August 21, 2015

Getting forgetful

I'm getting very forgetful these days. I don't think it's Alzheimer's (which is unusual for a hypochondriac like me - every headache is meningitis, every loose bowel motion is cholera) just a sort of routine forgetfulness, because I'm thinking of something else at the time. Of course I'm going to forget that I've already turned the electric blanket on when I'm thinking about the Problem of Evil, or how to achieve world peace, or if there really are angels or ghosts or God or how we could pass through Blake's Doors of Perception and what we might perceive on the other side if we could.
      I lose things too, well, misplace them really. I lost the number of my own cellphone a few months ago. It's not one that's easy to commit to memory and I hardly ever use it, except for long distance car travel when I might need to contact the Automobile Association. The phone needed charging and topping up. I'd got the phone charged then tried to call it from my landline to see if it was working. Oh, bother, I couldn't find the piece of card that has the number written on it. Nix that, then.
       Last night, while looking for something else (which I didn't find) I find the card with the number on it. Yay! but the phone needs charging again. Guess what? I've now mislaid the phone charger! Such is life.

2 comments:

  1. The one which is sending me bat-shit crazy at the moment is when I walk purposefully into a room, get there, and have no idea why.
    You are not alone. Sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the "now why did I come in here?" is very annoying!

    ReplyDelete