Saturday, March 24, 2012

My new kitten


Went to the SPCA yesterday and bought a new puss. Emma and I have been missing Eddie, so I decided it was time to get a bit more male energy into the menage. First I went into the older cats to see if there was a male ginge who might fit the bill, but they were all pretty cranky and made no real connection with me. Then I went into the kitten house, and guess who I found. He was the oldest kitten there, on his own, and he looked at me with such friendliness and intelligence that I was hooked at once. I aked him if he wanted to come home with me and he purred and purred.  I still don't know what to call him, Tomas, Tobit, Tobias, maybe, or Iggy or Ziggy or The Tabster. Or Kwinn for Kitten With No Name. He was picked up on a rural property at Leeston, probably dumped there, since there were no other houses around. Emma's not sure about him and he's scared of her, but this afternoon they both had a sleep on my chest together so I'm hoping this bodes well. He's not quite a kitten, but still has a kitteny way of behaving. He's house trained and fixed and microchipped and lovely, lovely.

Any suggestions for a name? Nothing obscene please.


2 comments:

  1. What a pretty kitty! I had a lot of cats in the past. I could list down a few names. You can use them if you want: Mimi, Tiger, Tyger, Petunia, Amethyst, Madagascar, Rosemary, Ebony, Gabrisse, Archimedes, Socrates. Some of them were born at my house and my family vehemently didn’t want to give them away. My first cats were named Kimberly and Benson. If you noticed, I had a theme in mind when I named them. Can you guess what they were?

    Alejandro Newman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Alejandro, I've racked my brains but can't guess. Gabrisse is a pretty name, I can see it fitting a little grey Persian girl.

      Delete