Monday, March 19, 2012

Addictive

Just looked up "Internet addiction" on Wikipedia. "Dr. Maressa Hecht-Orzack noted that primarily depression and bi-polar disorder in its depressive swing were co-morbid features of pathological Internet use". Love that phrase "co-morbid features of pathological Internet use". It should be repeated over and over like a mantra, whenever you fire up your computer. Or construct the phrase on your screen-saver.
      I read once that human beings were hard-wired for addictive behaviour. If it feels good, go on doing it - sounds logical. Eating fish and chips for example. Went to the fish and chip man last night and realized I had been a regular customer for 10 years, ever since I moved in to the neighbourhood! In fact, my first meal in this house was fish and chips, as I was too exhausted to cook after moving-day. I've been there so often, that now the guy knows what I'm going to order.

No comments:

Post a Comment