Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pope retires!

 
Pope Benedict is the only Pope I've seen, so I sort of feel as if he's my Pope. Here he is in Venice - we happened to be there at the same time, but his lodgings were probably a bit more splendid than mine, although I did stay in a convent. I don't know why he's wearing red shoes. Perhaps he's a Friend of Aunt Dorothy? I saw an Italian film not long ago, which was about a cardinal who is elected Pope and decides not to take it on, thus creating huge problems for the church. Not being Catholic myself, I don't have strong feelings about the Papacy and its purpose. Perhaps they will elect a black pope? I'd like to suggest they elect a woman, but that really is totally out of the question. Which is a puzzle. If being a priest is a spiritual calling, why should gender or sexuality enter into the equation at all? The Christian church has always held that the body is inferior to the spirit, so why should it matter what physical form that spirit inhabits? The Anglicans are creating a special 'silo' for those male priests who cannot stomach the thought of working in the church alongside ordained women. These priests will not be forced to hobnob with disgusting creatures who have nasty vaginas instead of holy penises. Utterly pathetic and totally insulting, considering that congregations are usually mainly women. Bloody men.

No comments:

Post a Comment