Friday, February 1, 2013

OMG

Bit of a bad day today. Loads of visitors, often asking random and peculiar questions, then not really listening to the answer. The kind whose eyes sort of glaze over as you answer them, then ask the same question over again. This is often the cruise-ship people; I guess people whose idea of a nice holiday is to be ferried around from place to place, lacking all purpose, doing little but eating and sleeping, tend not to be very sharp. (This is not to say that all cruise ship people are dumb. Not at all. Some of the locals can be pretty thick, too.) It's just a higher proportion than in a sample of the general populace. Sometimes things get a little weird. A customer today insisted on muttering in Danish while I served her. I wasn't sure at all whether she was talking to herself or me. I do not have one word of Danish, not even hello. The only Danish I know is made of pastry and goes well with espresso.
    Our weather continues blissfully hot, the hottest summer for fifty years, they say. Fortunately we have air conditioning which is a godsend when you're working. I came home and made gazpacho, my favourite summer meal, not so much a meal as a liquid salad, but very good for keeping hydrated.
   Not much else to report. My long weekend this weekend, so I'll try and do something different from the usual chores. It's too hot to do a lot of gardening, so I've got carte blanche to just laze around or go swimming. See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment