Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wish I wasn't so lazy

On holiday at the moment. I've got a list of chores to do, though, but haven't done any of them. Oh, the guilt! Spent the whole of yesterday reading a book. Funny how people talk about wasting time on the Internet; I've "wasted" great tranches of my life reading. I should have been making pots of money or compulsively DIY'ing, cleaning and... I don't know what.
     There used to be an advert on TV for DIY stuff that said "Make your home a showplace". Why? It's my home, not a booth in a Ideal Homes trade show.  I loathe those 'House and Garden" type magazines, where the very wealthy show off their wonderful lifestyles. Back in the 60s we called this skiting, but now it seems to be acceptable behaviour.

And what about poor Hillary Mantel? She makes a few innocent remarks, these are taken wildly out of context by the media (who created 'plastic' Kate in  the first place) and is now demonised (she's fat and childless so is obviously not allowed to voice an opinion on the thin and breeding) for telling the truth. Isn't there something disgusting about the media's use of the 'baby bump' phrase? Yes, she's pregnant - you'd think the media had never seen a pregnant woman before. And remember the endless discussion of Pippa's bum? Bumps and bums, that's all, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment