Thursday, July 4, 2013

Not guilty

Much better day today. Did lots of tidying in the garden, removed the last of the dead leaves and mowed the lawn. Took some pictures too.


Here's my latest creative idea. This is the top half of an umbrella; I broke the handle last year using it to clear snow off my car. True to form I didn't throw it away but dumped it in the garage. Cleaning the garage one day recently, I thought this would make a nice cloche. I'll let the soil warm up a bit then plant some lettuces or spinach under it. It looks nice and neat, unlike some protective stuff (frost cloth, are you listening?) which just looks messy.

 
Little puss-face pansy

 
Camellia 'Barbara Clark"

 
Helleborus corsicus

 
Primula

 
The first Earlicheer - note my grubby hands. I did real gardening.

 
Lemons in the conservatory. I love lemons, they are so useful, both for sweet and savoury dishes. My lemon tree died last year in the snow, so this new one is going to live inside in this winter. When the holly tree gets removed I'll put it over by the north-facing fence.
 
So now for a glass of wine and a nice deep bath.

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful. Your garden is considerably more advanced than ours. We have violets, some confused daisies and alstromeria and a few flower spikes (I think on the paper whites).
    And I love your plans for the umbrella.

    ReplyDelete