Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pretty


As you can see, the garden is looking really pretty now. I've been doing obsessive gardening lately, there's a lot to do, sowing vegetable seed, planting out things from pots, plus the usual maintenance tasks. I had to search through my garage for the water- sprinkler because it's been quite dry, and found two very old pumpkins from last year. These were the Marina di Chioggia, and I cursed the fact that I forgot to keep seed. Well, now I have some again. One pumpkin had totally deliquesced, just a runny black lump in the bottom of the bucket I'd put them in, but the other still had viable seed, although it's absolutely non-edible now. I also found a bucket of bulbs, a garden tool that I thought I'd lost and some big plastic pots that I'd forgotten I had. So decluttering/tidying can be a valuable exercise. 


The first rose this year is this rather wind-battered flower of Whisky


Centaurea montana


Thomas being a happy cat. More time spent outside now helping with the gardening.


Nuccio's Gem camellia - not mine, but in a garden near me.



No comments:

Post a Comment