Wednesday, November 5, 2014

NaNoWriMo... still sucks

                            
                                        First rose of "Crepuscule"

Not getting to grips with The Novel at all. It's become a real pain, and I am sick of it. Of course, it has been a lesson. In humility. In embracing failure. I think I have something good in terms of setting, device and characters, but plot is my weakness. Perhaps I'll just ditch the plot and write anyway, making it subtle and arty instead of a readable story. I won't give up quite yet but I don't hold out much hope of going the distance at this stage. Not happy with myself at all.
   The weather has been cold and miserable for the last three days. We had hail the day before yesterday, big chunks of ice. The basil I sowed has failed to germinate, as have the Baby Bear pumpkins and the Whangaparaoa Crown pumpkins. I'll have to have another go at these. The only success is the Crystal Apple cucumbers, they've all gone well.
   Of course it's Guy Fawkes night tonight, but we'll have the bangers going right through till Sunday anyway, various pyromaniacs like to keep on partying long after the party has finished. Keeping Thomas in every night is difficult, but at least he's not as terrified as my poor Eddie was. Eddie used to squeeze under the sofa, howling. Thom just looks up with a what the hell.. look on his face.
    I feel a piece of chocolate cake coming on.....

2 comments:

  1. Crepuscule is a gorgeous colour.
    Good luch with your writing. I so admire your courage.
    I do hope that the bangers keep to reasonable hours. They don't here. Two am fireworks do my head in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed - no way is two am reasonable.

    ReplyDelete