Monday, November 23, 2015

Lots of garden pics














Nice hot day at last, so I washed out some of my vintage stuff. I'm still undecided about whether I want to sell them; I can't wear them anymore as I am too portly now, but I do like them, and I have a horror of selling them only to find out that I really should have kept them. I've done lots of gardening, transplanting the vege plants that I still have in punnets, and sowing a bit more. The tomatoes are planted out, except for the Purple Calabashes, which are just sitting doing nothing. I think our climate here is too changeable for them, they need a steady heat and a mild night-time temperature. Oh well, I know not to grow them again. Our summers are not long, about 4 months, so things need to be up and growing by about mid-December or there is no time to get a crop. The dragonfly is a first; I have never seen one in the garden before, I think the very boisterous wind we had today must have blown him from the river (not too far away, at the end of the next street). Off now to water the potatoes, which will be parched.

1 comment:

  1. Love your garden - and admire your industry.
    My vegie garden hasn't so much as been turned over yet.

    ReplyDelete