Saturday, April 4, 2015

My birthday present to me



I splashed out and bought this glass pendant in Oamaru. 
It's made by Nikki O'Brien, who makes glass beads and jewellery.
 (see https://www.facebook.com/Bubbles.and.Beads1) for more of her work). I bought it at The Glass Gallery in Oamaru, as a souvenir of a very enjoyable trip to this fascinating town.
    I wish I could have stayed longer there, I only feel that I scratched the surface of the place. I would have liked to explore the countryside and beaches around the town a little more. Still, I think its a mark of a good holiday when you want to return to a place. Oamaru has a big festival in November to celebrate its Victorian heritage, so that might be a good time to go. There is also a steampunk festival at mid-winter, but I don't enjoy travelling at that time of year; I like to hole up like a grumpy bear when it gets cold.
     Back home again now with the pussies. Thomas greeted me warmly when I arrived, but I got the cold shoulder from Jiro for a few hours. They still aren't really what you'd call buddies, which is sad, I hoped they would become fond of each other. You never know with cats!


1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday. I love your present to yourself, and that Oamaru is being kind to you.
    It can take cats quite a while to put their distrust of each other to rest. Hopefully Thomas and Jiro will learn to get along better.

    ReplyDelete