Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Russian spies; Winter is coming

Snow coats Christchurch's Port Hills - and their four-legged residents.

Photograph by David Walker, published in today's Press. Sheep huddling in the snow on Banks Peninsula.

Recently I have become aware via my viewing stats that every two days someone or something in Russia scans 21 pages of my blog. I assume this scanner is an autobot, as who reads exactly 21 pages of a blog every time they log in? Today I had 42 page-visits from a   Russian; 2 x 21, in other words. What are they looking for? There's always an automatic 1 page scan in the USA within two minutes of my posting a new post on this blogsite, but the Russians have upped the ante on the USA. And why 21 pages? Why not 22 or just 20? If this is you in Russia, stop it, it's freaking me out. I did have a problem with someone piggybacking on my blog, using my content to boost their stats, but that has stopped. Or has it?

  Winter weather has come upon us suddenly with a crack of ice. Last night I had to go to a meeting, and came out into a hailstorm. Very cold and bleak, and quite uncharacteristically early in the year.  I had to get up early to go to a workshop in town. As I was standing by the parking meter trying to get it to accept my credit card payment, fingers numb with cold, I wondered for not the first time why we do so many things we really don't want to do. Money, I suppose, and a desire to be thought worthy and not a loser, too? I have a day off tomorrow, though, so I can stay in bed, oh bliss.

2 comments:

  1. Stay in bed with a book. And a cat or two. Definitely bliss.
    I am getting a lot of Russian traffic myself at the moment. Mostly old posts. Quite odd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I wish I knew what the Russian thing is about, mine are old posts too, as if they're scanning retrospectively, maybe for birth dates, credit card no., addresses, photos?

      Delete