Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Consequences


Well, now I face the consequences of all that gardening I did last week. I've had time off work because of an arthritic flare-up, mainly in my right sacroiliac joint and my knees. Quite painful, and not possible to spend the required 6 or 7 hours on my feet that my job demands. Resting at work is considered to be skiving off by management and its lackeys, so I've taken official sick leave and they'll have to cope with that. Pain makes me incredibly bad-tempered anyway and I'm bound to shout at someone, so it's best if I'm not there. It's been a little boring at home, but I have done a lot of reading and watching videos. My hopes of getting spring cleaning done this week are pretty much dashed, though. I guess the dirt will have to stay put for a while longer. I can still enjoy the spring flowers and hope to do a little seed-planting tomorrow - beans and cucurbits and perhaps sweetcorn, but it may be a tad early for these. The tomatoes, peppers and eggplants I planted 2 weeks ago have not germinated! Bit concerned about it being too cold for them, even though they are in a warm place.


Magnolia time


Thomas' camouflage working on the woolly rug

Jiro killed his first bird yesterday. He left it on the kitchen doormat and Thomas ate it! First time I've ever known a cat to eat another's kill. Thom still doesn't like Jiro much, I wish they got on better.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you on gardening consequences and hope that yours, and mine, settle quickly.
    We had a cat who would habitually take other cats kills away from them. Birds, mice, insects, the tails of lizards which got away...
    Our current pair of cats 'tolerate' each other. No more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think with my two cats, toleration is the best I can hope for. I really hoped they would be friends, but this was just sentimental and quite unrealistic on my part.

      Delete