Tuesday, May 24, 2016

More art stuff


We've just started into our winter here in New Zealand. Sudden snow has caught people out on our mountain passes; people stranded in vehicles have had to be rescued, but this is only in the mountains so far. We have had a lot of rain in Christchurch, and it is now quite cold. I shifted my painting stuff in from my little sunroom - it's too cold in there and a waste of electricity just heating that room then having to heat my living area too. The sunroom is also very draughty because the door has warped and he wind goes right through it. So now I've got my painting stuff on one end of the table and can have meals on the other end. I'm going to be one of those funny old people who live in one room for the duration of the winter.


I'm carrying on with "mucking about" with paint. This is a fantasy door that I made up just to try out some stuff. Not totally convincing but I'm getting there.



Also continuing to work on my crabapples, adding layers of colour. (The green blobs are masking fluid, just to preserve the highlights on the apples). Will do more tomorrow, now that gardening is unpleasantly cold. I still haven't finished the autumn clean-up, but will continue on now that most of the leaves have come down. And then, of course, we start with pruning - fruit trees, roses, cutting back the dead stuff and getting ready for...another year.

2 comments:

  1. We are suddenly colder too. No snow though. Both cats are unimpressed. Twenty minutes outside in the morning is MORE than enough. And no, the clean-up isn't finished here either. Though I have never, ever looked at the garden and thought 'nothing left to do'.
    Loving your art - as always. And had never heard of masking fluid...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thomas dithers at the door when I hold it open. He NEEDS to go out, but he doesn't WANT to, so I have to stand and wait until he makes up his mind! (I don't have a cat-door as I have an open plan kitchen/living area and a cat-door is too drafty).

    ReplyDelete