Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Morning glories



Woke up this morning to the glorious sight of my Dahlia imperialis in full flower. I trotted out in my dressing-gown to take these photos. Fortunately they are in the back garden, so I can slouch around in my night-attire without being thought crazy. The flowers are a bit battered by a storm that came through a couple of nights ago, and there are pink/lilac petals scattered around the garden, but they are still lovely enough for a photo. The bees are particularly attracted to them, as the flowers are high up and easy to reach.


Another flower in the garden also got a photo-shoot. This is a dwarf abutilon that has started flowering, as we have still not had any prolonged spell of cold weather. So pretty with its ballerina dress. I bought this a few months ago, and it seems to have taken well.
  We are still having roses in flower, with autumn camellias and spring narcissus. The seasons are all ahoo this year, with the warmest April on record and probably the warmest May too, I would think.

1 comment:

  1. I do the mad woman in dressing gown dance with camera too.
    And our abutilon is out as well. And we have paper whites about to bloom. And, as you know, tree dahlias...
    The camellias are nowhere near flowering though.

    ReplyDelete