Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The computer still says no.

Well, it's not really been a good day for me. I've obviously got a burble in my brain, because today everything seems as clear as mud. I tried to add RSS feeds to my Blogread (or whatever) account once I had set it up, but couldn't work out how to access them again. Didn't get very far with the whole exercise, didn't get onto podcasts etc. The whole thing seems so bloody complex, so many sites to subscribe to, so many ways of subscribing. If I had world enough and time....I think one of the curses of the modern world is too much choice. One of my colleagues is contemplating buying a vacuum cleaner, but which one? There are about 30 models on the market, from $199.00 for a a really not very sucky one that will last a few years, to a vacuum that costs $1,999.00 and will last a few years. Another colleague remarked that for that price you could fly to somewhere nice and forget about vacuuming for a week or so. Again, another choice - between pleasure and duty. Should you emulate the cricket and sing merrily a day before hurtling into oblivion, or should you be an industrious and dutiful ant, and work work work for the good of the colony before hurtling into oblivion? You choose,dude. Ciao.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your posts, you certainly have a way with words, Just try to ignore the complex stuff and focus on the blogging, if it dosen't interest you just skip over to better things. I totally get what you mean about subscribing and too much choice. Looking forward to reading your next post.

    ReplyDelete