Sunday, May 30, 2010

Social networking, photos and images

Today I started the social networking module, but doubt if I will finish it. Some of the things, like Ning, I've never ever heard of. Ning is also about to cease being free so probably there is no point in joining it. I seemed to spend a lot of time signing into accounts in order to use the social networks, and tried to remove my email address from Facebook unsuccessfully. I'm just a bit confused, but I'm not really interested in social networking anyway. People know me or they don't, and I'm not interested in exposing myself worldwide to "friends".

I love Flikr though, and had no trouble posting a couple of photos to my blog. Interesting that you have to sign up with Yahoo first, even though Flikr supports Blogspot. What a maze it all is, sign up with Google, sign up with Yahoo, sign up for Bloglines etc, etc. I used The commons and Creative commons so that I didn't have the problem of adding another step and editing copyrighted material. I would like to go into the customize option for my blog, but feel I have spent enough time on it today. I think setting up a blog gives you quite a lot of learning opportunities, and you certainly feel more motivated to learn something when you are interested in the subject.

Now I'll go and have some afternoon tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment