Thursday, May 13, 2010

First day

So many choices! What sort of blog-format, what blog-name, what colour blog-background? Are these set in stone forever? Will I be cursed forever with my poor choices made today, as an absoulute rookie with no knowledge whatsoever? Is this an emblem of life itself, make a poor choice now and be doomed for all eternity? Oh dear, such serious thoughts so early in the day. If only I can find a way to approach this as a child does, with a sense of playfulness and "let's see what will happen-ness". Happen-ness= happiness. There is a tab at the top saying "Monetize". Does this mean that if I press this tab wads of cash will fall from a trap-door in the ceiling?

It's autumn here in the city, and the city looks great. I love autumn, great piles of leaves to crunch through, that sweet clear smell of frosty mornings. Yesterday I went to an exhibition of Ngai Tahu art at the old art gallery, one of my favourite buildings, and one that has been closed now for some time, so it was pure pleasure to revisit it. The weaving on display was wonderful, one waist-mat so fine it was hard to believe it had been woven by a human woman. As I was looking at the wall of portraits of Ngai Tahu people, a young woman came in and asked me if I was related to any of the people depicted. No, I said, unfortunately not. "Well, I'm related to most of them', she replied, "and now I'm off to the library to do some more research about them." So who said no one uses libraries?

No comments:

Post a Comment