Sunday, May 16, 2010

It's me again.

I've just finished (I think) my week one of the programme. It has been quite straightforward, with no technical hitches to confuse me. What I am a little confused about is the time commitment parameters on the inside cover of the booklet. Is this for each week, or over the whole course? Is the personal time component paid or unpaid? (You can see what a mercenary little cow I am).

I think the important thing for me, and I have it written down as one of my goals, is to get a sort of mind-map the digital world. I need to know what things are and what they do and how they can be used to advantage. Having written this is looks like a tall order! However, I am sure that at the end of this course, I will know more than I know now, which is pretty infinitesimal really.

My situation now is comparable to people who didn't have TV in the 1960's. It is becoming more socially exclusive not to know anything about technology - you just don't know what people are talking about, so cannot join or initiate conversation. People's conversation sounds like "I've just bought a Wongly-doohicky with a whacking great mibbly-poop, but I find the thring-thring isn't quite ooha with the nubblebum". Hopefully, things may become clearer for me after this course.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lynne,

    Know what you mean about the mibbly-poops and as for the nubblebums - enough to drive you crazy! Just as well there are people like us who can remember a world without technospeak and can still use words like 'infinitesimal'.

    Happy LAMing!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete