Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The five-book challenge

Yes, it's another post, I just can't seem to stop today.
I've taken on the five-book challenge that we have going at Christchurch City Libraries. This involves an undertaking to read five books in a genre that the reader rarely or never reads. My bete-noire is Science fiction/fantasy. I am allergic to anything about mages, swords, sorcerers, ringworlds, dragons etc. However, I have read the Narnia books, Lord of the Rings, and a list of other fantasy and science fiction and really enjoyed them. Perhaps it's the quality of the writing that puts me off. So like a good little librarian I've asked colleagues for recommendations, surveyed the Internet and our own website, and done a little bit of reading about the genre. I might even be converted.
That is the doom I deem.

1 comment:

  1. look forward to seeing how you find it, I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, but it is an exciting challenge.

    ReplyDelete