Thursday, June 24, 2010

Mucking around

Toaday has been a bit of a mucking about day (just mucking about in cyberspace). LAMS was not functioning so I was not able to get to the "Widgets and gadgets" part of the course. Instead, I added some bits to my blog profile and had a look at LibraryThing. LibraryThing looks like a really big site, encyclopedic really. The only thing librarians like as much as reading is writing about reading. That would be quite a good header for a site "Writing about reading" but I'll bet that someone has already used it. That's one of the humbling things about the Internet, not only has someone else said it before they've said it better as well. We'd all like to think that our thoughts are brilliant and original, but the Internet proves that usually we are just plogging along in the same old thought-groove plogged by thousands before us. (Plog - to write a tiresomely pedestrian blog - you read it here first?)
This is the penultimate week of the CCLLearn course, it's been fun. I don't know if I will continue this blog yet, I'll have to think about it.
P.S just Googled "plog" - it has been used already. Argh.

No comments:

Post a Comment