Thursday, July 26, 2012

Big Brother

Just fishing around on my facebook page, a bit spooked to realise that pictures I posted have been geographically located on a map. Didn't know this happened. Moral of the story, anything you don't want to be published, don't post ANYTHING about, not even photos. Not that I care about this particular information getting out into the world, it's not a big secret, but if it was, then that's not good.
   Not much going on at the moment. The neighbours over the back fence have been busy with some kind of construction work. He's got a little front-end loader that he drives back and forth, why I don't know, it's bloody noisy and sounds like it's in my kitchen. Perhaps he's building a helicopter pad or an Olympic-sized swimming pool. Or just to get away from his wife, a shrew who I hear far oftener than I see, screaming at the kids to get off the garden, or get inside, or telling them that they are MORONS! Forty years from now she'll be wondering why they never visit her at the Home. He'll be long gone, having died of rage after buying a new front-end loader that loads from the back.
  Talking of old age, I was reading and advertisement for an aged-care facility (euphemism for old folks home) yesterday. My God, it was so appealing! Sing-alongs and soft food, little trips out for the more active ones and best practice bum-wiping for those stuck in poky. I can not imagine myself in such a place, no wonder old people resist going so strongly. Drooling into my soft food, getting excited over a trip to the mall, bullying the nurses, forgetting to take my medication - I can't wait.
Hideous, hideous. The problem is, the alternative is early death; that's not very attractive either. As some wit once said, life is a terminal illness; no one gets out of here alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment