Monday, July 30, 2012

Bits and pieces

For some obscure reason, my font has changed. I don't know what it was before, but now it looks like a large print version. So apologies for looking weird. Also, my security suite has blocked content from my own blog! I spelt the f-word; it's like McAfee is my grandma. "Naughty girl, musn't swear, it's not ladylike". And Google favourites has put up some stuffs that are not favourites, but just looked at once upon a time. Have I got a virus??
I'm on holiday, and unfortunately the weather is going to be crap for the whole time, so I have no excuse at all for not cleaning out the kitchen cupboards and doing some artwork. Except for spending large amounts of time on the computer.
Found a delightful version of Le nozze di Figaro on youTube. Look for Le nozze di Figaro Pappano if you want to see it. Antonio Pappano (think I've spelt it right, could be Papanno) was the conductor for this Royal Opera House production, which is lovely and light and funny and sad, best Nozze I've seen yet. The singers act as well as sing, so it's all very accessible without being dumbed down. And Erwin Schrott is gorgeous (terrible name though).

No comments:

Post a Comment