Saturday, July 21, 2012

Green teapot day

Went to the library today, picked up a heap of stuff, because I have a feeling the weather is going to crap out, and I'll need to have some amusements. My reserve was in, the new Donna Leon, Beastly things. If you've not read Leon, do so, her books are more intelligent and compassionate than the usual run of murder mysteries. And set in Venice.
   Got lots of DVDs, among them some old movies, two westerns, Gunfight at the OK Corral with Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas, a Jimmy Stewart called The Far country, and a pirate movie called The Black swan, with Maureen O'Hara and Tyrone Power. Ty Power was one of my mother's hearthrobs. It'll be interesting to see how he compares to Johnny's Captain Sparrow. (What is it about pirates? They've been so glorified, and yet they were truly brutal and nasty men). So if it rains all day tomorrow I'll be having a matinee movie-fest.
 Went for a walk along the river at Beckenham, and just happened to drop in at Kaizuka on the way back, where I found my new green teapot (see below).

No comments:

Post a Comment