Friday, September 21, 2012

Full on week

It's been quite an intense week. After going berko at the neighbour on Monday, and exposing y'all to the real me (the bitch within) I went to have an ultrasound and x-rays on my left boob on Tuesday, as something looked odd on my routine check. Thank the Goddess, nothing wrong, just normal tissue sitting oddly. It was scary though, I don't mind admitting. Sitting in the waiting room was awful, thinking that at least some of the other women there would not hear good news. I was starting to plan my funeral, just as I did with the symptoms that turned out to be fibroids, in April. Two health scares in one year are two too many.
    On Wednesday I went out to dinner to a Turkish restaurant called the Topkapi. Nice food, but my, the corkage charge! $10, what a swindle - they make their money on drinks even if you bring your own. It's a bit much, and corkage is  a ridiculous concept when the bottles have screw-off caps, and you open it yourself anyway. I think with the shortage of restaurants in Christchurch at the moment, the few that have survived are taking the opportunity to coin it.
    All day Thursday did some very concentrated work on an interesting project coming up. I like it, but probably the boss won't, or will change it so that all my brilliant writing goes down the gurgler, or I'll find I've got hold of the wrong end of the stick entirely and will have to re-do it. But such is life. I had fun anyway, I was in the 'zone', creatively speaking; they can't take that away from me.
    Last night I went to the new supermarket. Tonight I came home, washed the spare room window and hung up a new net curtain to replace the one Thom shredded when he was little. Of course, he wanted to "help" - help shred the new one, that is. He had to be removed to another room after having a fight with Emma and nearly knocking  a chair through the sunroom window.
    Well, the days are just packed!

No comments:

Post a Comment