Friday, September 28, 2012

Today is cold

We've had a run of freezing cold days lately, due to our cursed north east wind. I got up this morning full of vim, planning to have a gardening day, but it's so bloody cold that I'll have to have an indoor day instead. Clean the kitchen, tidy the linen cupboard and single out some stuff to go to the church/school fair, all very useful but not what I had planned. Someone stupid in the Met.Service said that we will have a hot day tomorrow, but I can't believe it. Someone else stupid once said that we should bless the north-easterly because it keeps us cool in summer; otherwise Christchurch would be too hot. For me, at the moment, there is no such thing as too hot. I've got the heaters on full bore, just as I would in the middle of winter. There's nothing for it but to play my favourite CDs all day and Do Those Chores.

No comments:

Post a Comment