Thursday, October 31, 2013

Emma


Sad day, I had to have my old friend Emma put to sleep. She never recovered from her tooth-pulling, and continued to lose weight rapidly in spite of the thyroid medication. The last few days she has been quite out of it, not eating and with diarrhoea and not sleeping but dozing. Poor baby, she must have been in pain, for we discovered when she had died that she had a large ulcer or tumour on the roof of her mouth. Whether this was the result of the tooth pulling, or was already growing, who can say?   So I took her home and buried her in the garden, with a little posy of catnip, then disinfected her poo-pod and the cat-carrier, and threw away her meds (useless). I miss her so much, she was a great character; I saw a lot of her as she had a great affection for me and was the Indoors Cat, always around, always trying to sit on my lap or get into the bed with me. This picture is how I'll most remember her, dozing in the sun (this was after her op, when she was still in reasonable condition).
  I still have the lovely Thomas, but of course, now I'm terrified that something will happen to him too. I won't get another cat to replace Emma, from now on I'm a one-cat household, it's so awful when they die.

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. They wind their paws into our heart strings and take a piece of us with them when they go. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete