Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Summer - hot!


It's midday here in NZ, and it's about 31 degrees outside (Celsius that is). This is hot for us, and there's a hot wind blowing as well, which makes it unpleasant to be outside. So I thought I'd come inside in the cool and blog a bit. I took these photos this morning, when it was calm.


'Fragrant Cloud" rose growing among the cornstems in the vegetable garden, has a great fragrance, a full, fruity, true rose smell.


Lillies galore


Dahlia 'Lady Darlene'


Concha d'Or lillies


Japanese anemones: these are really tall, over my head


Feline photobomber!


The next door neighbour's plum tree is raining fruit on the garden.


A pretty Asiatic lily that I discovered in my search for windfall plums


Looking out from the conservatory,  and trug full of dead-heads.


Little pumpkins


Pumpkin plants need gallons of water, the big leaves just flop in the heat.


2 comments:

  1. LOVING your garden. Much of mine has succumbed to the heat. 40 yesterday and today. 39 tomorrow and the next day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've been reading librarygirl's blog about the heat - I don't know how you guys stand it, 30 is warm enough for me.

      Delete